Workshops & Speaking
Segewa’t Consulting offers workshops, training and seminars virtually and in-person.
Examples of recent speaking engagements include university presentations on reconciliation, leadership, women in business and empowering women.
Other sessions include training on planning fundamentals and facilitation.
Engagement & Events
- Facilitation & Engagement
Comprehensive Community Planning
Segewa’t Consulting provides CCP Mentorship to First Nation communities who are interested in a community owned and driven comprehensive community planning process.
Each CCP looks different for each First Nation community, however they typically have the same structure that includes the key areas of governance, land and resources, health, infrastructure development, culture, social issues, and the economy.
The CCP process is a way for your community members to become involved in the community planning process. It helps to empower the community, while creating a roadmap for the future of the community. An effective community plan can:
- Empower the community
- Improve performance
- Build teamwork and expertise
- Coordinate future development
- Protect resources
- Celebrate traditions and culture
- Promote healing and reconciliation
- Create economic opportunities
This process will create a document that is created by the community and owned by the community. This document will help improve performance by identifying community’s priorities and assisting with decision-making. It also helps build capacity in community members involved in the process.
- Initial 3-day meeting in February 2016
- Two-day preplanning session in March 2016.
- Glooscap First Nation CCP Launch August 2016
- Abegweit First Nation CCP Launch August 2016
- Lennox Island First Nation CCP Launch September 2016
- BC CCP Annual Workshop October 2016 (Cranbrook, BC)
- National CCP Workshop February 21-23, 2017 (Winnipeg, MB)
- First Atlantic First Nation Comprehensive Community Planning Workshop April 25-26, 2017 (Moncton, NB)
- Indigenous Community Development National Strategy Workshop: Rethinking Our Roles Workshop June 13, 2017 (Gatineau, QC)
- Atlantic CCP Coordinators CCP Refresher Training July 4-5, 2016 (Charlottetown, PE)
- Atlantic CCP Coordinators Deep Democracy Training July 11-12, 2017 (Millbrook, NS)
- Indigenous Community Development National Strategy – Indigenous Advisors Gathering August 28-30, 2017 (Kelowna, BC)
- Atlantic CCP Coordinators Bringing the Document Together November 7-8, 2017 (Moncton, NB)
- National CCP Workshop December 5-7, 2017 (Charlottetown, PE)
- Atlantic CCP Workshop February 27-28, 2018 (Halifax, NS)
- Atlantic CCP Coordinators Implementation Session April 25, 2018 (Moncton, NB)
QUOTES FROM THE ATLANTIC CCP WORKSHOP APRIL 2017:
“I loved the information and the facilitators. The positive energy and enthusiasm make me excited to start this process in our community. Hearing the stories including the highlights and challenges make it seem more doable.”
“This is one of the best workshops I have been to. The positive energy of organizers, presenters was great.”